Friday, October 27, 2006

Artists Interview Artists

Sky Pape, a New York City-based artist, participates in the Artists Interview Artists Project. This project, one among few others by J.T. Kirkland- a 27-year-old high-tech consultant and emerging artist living in the metro Washington, D.C. area

Sky Pape responds to another artist's five questions (Douglas Witmer from Philadelphia). In order to participate, Sky had to provide five questions for some other artist to answer. The assigning of questions to artists is completely random.

here below are sampels of his art. to his page at this project

SKY PAPE Eclipse Series Sumi Ink on Okawara Paper, 200312"h x 16"w (approx)

Q: Do you aspire for your work to meet a need and, if so, do you have a name for that need? A: My work needs to be the best that I can make it. Acting as a mirror, it shows me things I wouldn’t readily see about myself. It helps me process information about the world around me, and serves as both outlet and buffer for my emotions. Through it, I am able to probe, ask questions, find some answers, articulate ideas, and in turn, it leads me forward by asking more questions. Making it nourishes my ongoing desire to learn something about being.

SKY PAPE Eclipse Series Sumi Ink on Okawara Paper, 200312"h x 16"w (approx)

SKY PAPE. Shiva , from the Silver Lining series, Graphite & milk paint on board, 40" x 40", 2001.

SKY PAPE. Behind the Seen. Odyssey, 36 3/4 "h x 48 5/8"w, Sumi Ink on Kozo paper

SKY PAPE. Untitled (line drawing), 20"h x 30"w, Ink on Lokta Paper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I found you here. Your choice of art remains riveting. Be well,
J. (Medico Musings)

Diane Dehler said...

Beautiful and poetic my darling.