This map was found in November of 2000 when Larimer County officials opened time capsules from the Larimer County Courthouse in Fort Collins. These time capsules were concealed behind the cornerstone wall located near the Oak Street entrance of the south wing of the building.
This map was produced by E&L Horn for the City of Fort Collins' Public Library Project Benefit Fund. The research puts the map at about 1937 - 1938.
In 1937 a library expansion project was approved by the City of Fort Collins. This map probably may have been used to generate funds for this project. The project was completed in 1939. A Fort Collins Public Library research we conducted turned up a Fort Collins Chamber of Commerce brochure produced in 1935 that contained a very similar map, author unknown.