Wednesday, May 09, 2007

mapping

by A Room of Her Own

I wear my map

record of my living…

cartography incarnate.

Silvery lines trace months

harboring fugitives

in a cave

where food

warmth

safety

abound.

Faded furrows

stretched over

plains

rolling hills

curves

canyons

tell of plenty

until blue harvest moon shines

full

in the sky of me.

Battle scars

wounds

are my landmarks

Braille text

read in touch

encodes my story

Only the bravest

deciphers directions

traces the path

…to the knowing

they are beautiful.

9 January 2004

5 comments:

Diane Dehler said...

Moon,
Someone asked me to pick my favorite post of the year and I selected your Moon Light Garden Project. I am linking to it so others can enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I wrote a poem once that is somewhat tangentially related to this
http://pointsofdeparture.wordpress.com/2005/10/24/map-2/#comments

Moon River said...

Dinesh -i loved this imagery of yours: "I now carry the country
On my skin"

so, does it makes us soul mates :)

Anonymous said...

Of course :)

dinesh said...

PS: thanks for the plug on coudal (akshav ani yodaya ma eh.khorim la)